Sunday, July 11, 2010

#25: Why Austin rocks

I'm in Dallas right now. I was trying to find a grocery store earlier and having strong ties to Austin and San Antonio, my first inclination was to search for an HEB. What sucks about my current location is that the nearest HEB is 32 MILES AWAY!!! Pardon me, but WTF?

Next, I resorted to Yelp since it can be pretty useful in these situations. I'll admit, before I was always wondering why people would review simple places such as HEB, or any other regular grocery store. Seriously, I never saw a point in it because it was so common place, but now that I think about it, not all HEBs are created equal, likewise, not all grocery stores are created equal. HEB trumps Albertsons, Kroger, Tom Thumb, and Randalls. There's more overall selection. The produce quality is better. And the prices are much better. Back to Yelp, as a result of the lack of, what I would've considered over-Yelping. WHERE MAH AUSTIN YELPERS AT? Austin's Yelp scene is considerably more fleshed out. Thank You Austin.

No comments:

Post a Comment