Monday, September 24, 2012

Cuban Sandwich Cafe

Salam and Mabuhay to the most commonly viewing countries for this week (not including the US). Now, onto a major pork sandwich. 


"I'm foreseeing a future of colorectal cancer." This sandwich here is my magic ball. Among other interesting but off topic ideas, it's not hard to predict the future from your diet, but for obvious reasons, I think most Americans would not find that fun.

Frederick and I decided to try the Cuban Sandwich Cafe near Longspur and Rutland. It tasted good and was amply seasoned but I think I've altered my palette too much to find something like this enjoyable. I finished it out of obligation, but I feel like I gave up a month of my life for this. I should be wary of a sandwich that has both ham and pork on it, but being Filipino, I'm naturally attracted to anything that describes itself as lechon. This sandwich had more meat on it than anything else. It could have stood to have more pickles or something close to a vegetable.

Now, I'm not saying this wasn't good. And I can't gauge authenticity either, but I am almost virtually a vegetarian writing about a Cuban Sandwich. The bread was good and I wish there were more pickles. My suggestion for trying this would be to share a sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment