Monday, January 18, 2010

#4Texas, really?

After having been to the great state of Oregon (trees, marion berries, hazelnuts, Powell's Book Store) I've recognized one of Texas' great failings: clay based dirt. I feel as though I can get as muddy as I want in Portland without worrying that the mud will clump - which was the case. I went for a walk today in the park around Walnut Creek just off of N. Lamar. past the Chinatown area. Well, it had completely escaped my mind that it had been raining 24 hrs straight a few days ago. There were some muddy areas that didn't phase me, after all, I'd been to Oregon. This first step isn't bad, but when you realize that dirt is continually clumping to the ends of your shoes - 5 minutes in, you have a cement block equivalent and sore thighs. Combine that with many dogs, that finished swimming, that are way too happy to see you and life is grand for a second and clay dirty for half a day. It should be nice come springtime and summer when there's less rain. Just remember, dogs like to swim all year.

Among other things, I just found out today that I find Dobermans extremely intimidating. I like Rottweilers and Pit Bulls, but wow - slim pointy ears = I'll stand up on my hind legs and rip out your esophagus.

No comments:

Post a Comment