Wednesday, May 26, 2010

# 21: WTF Whole Foods

Sometimes, I just don't understand vegetarianism. Food...yes, to a much greater degree, but vegetarianism - not really. Let that be the disclaimer.

I understand liking animals enough not to eat them. I get that some people think eating meat is just so close to eating people, it's like cannibalism. If it's for religion reasons, fine by me.

I understand the veggie wrap at Starseeds Cafe to be a very fine specimen of of good vegetarian fare.

What I don't get is tofu stroganoff. Seriously, it's food like that that gives me the impression Whole Foods thinks vegetarians care more about the statement their food makes than how it actually tastes. For one thing, the stroganoff flavor relies on the beef a good deal. It needs meat. Why would you want something that shows you're willing to stoop to low levels to get something that's so meat like, but probably tastes like ass. I suppose in general, I just don't get meat-like vegetarian products. I understand that some people transition into the lifestyle, but in that case, if there's no appeal in meat, drop it like a bad boyfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment