Saturday, February 4, 2012

#30 Austin on the Cheap

I have not been eating out as much lately. I'm making a big effort to bash down my credit card bills before they start charging interest, so eating out has not been too much of an option. Just when it is a special occasion.

I've been living on a ramen diet. It's not so bad as I make ramen according to these specifications. I shop at the MT Market now more than ever. A lot of the things that I eat most often are just cheaper there, the best example being fresh shitake mushrooms. The Chinatown square is a real life saver for those who have to live on the cheap. My latest intake: Banh Mi. I feel like I'm getting a good dose of all the food groups when I eat a Vietnamese sandwich. I generally get annoyed buying sandwiches when I know nearly all of the ingredients are far below the cost of the sandwich, but at $3.50 a pop, I don't feel too shabby. What makes it so fab over the average sandwich? I'd be lying if I didn't say price, but also fresh crunchy ingredients, none of the average meat and cheese taste, and overall just a really awesome flavor. Go Baguette House!!

No comments:

Post a Comment