Wednesday, April 14, 2010

#18: Finger exfoliation - it's crawfish season!

Ever since my first crawfish boil about 2 years ago, I've made an effort to go out and eat a pound or two of boiled crawfish. My original go-to place was Fish City Grill in the triangle area, but they unfortunately have closed down.

I'll admit, I didn't take moving out of my old neighborhood very well and now it seems the more I get the know this area, slowly but surely, I'm starting to like it; however, one thing that severely sucks is how this new place seems to be far away from everything...except IKEA.

Irritated by both the move and the lack of a new place to indulge in crawfish, on my way to work I was very surprised to see the words "Boiled Crawfish" and "Crawfish Shack." Not only do I have a new resident seafood joint, it is a crawfish shack - anything with "crawfish" in the name has got to be special.

So, I had my seasonal 2lbs of crawfish and as a bonus, I also broke in a pair of jeans in the process of eating. Crawfish, does take some effort and when your fingers feel spicy, you've broken some skin. When I had finished thoroughly washing my hands, the first layer of skin was peeling off. I really regretted not bringing my camera. It's one of the most awesome feelings to be at a crawfish shack and the people there lay out a large sheet of paper because you ordered the boiled crawfish. What's even more exciting is if they ask you if you need a bib! I thankfully had my mess hoodie on for that purpose.

Here's a pic borrowed from Yelp:
heck yeah!

I know normally I post up the link to the websites of the places I go, unfortunately, the website for the Crawfish Shack & Oyster Bar is down, but here's their menu:

goods

It should have everything you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment