Thursday, April 15, 2010

More general commentary on why crawfish is awesome

First off, while I don't know if it's cheaper to buy live crawfish and boil them yourself, I do know that the smell make any outdoor party become heaven, but any indoor kitchen becomes hell. I don't have any experience with crawfish in my kitchen, but I do know that crabs can make any kitchen smell for days.

The benefit of going out for crawfish is the money and time you save on having to buy everything and then prepare it...then clean up a massive smelly mess afterwards that will lurk in your kitchen. When you go out, you can make a mess outside of your house.

I know that there are a number of people out there that find crustaceans to not be worth the work involved in eating them. Maybe I'm just an oddball who doesn't like having a plate of food just placed in front of me so I can easily gorge, but I feel that the work makes the eating process even more enjoyable. It's like eating a meal that you've cooked, or a treasure hunting game. Or maybe I'm just addicted to crustacean meat.

Messy food just tastes better. Things that are a little more safe and convenient just aren't...fun. You can't have great success without taking a risk: crawfish, ribs...I don't order food because it won't make a mess, I get it because it tastes good.

No comments:

Post a Comment