Thursday, February 4, 2010

#7: Apartments?

I'm coming to the end of my time here with Rainier Management and I know I'm going to miss it here mainly because I know I won't enjoy every second living with my sister in such close quarters. I'm expecting a fair amount of my clothes to disappear for a period of time and then comeback in a pile on my bed smelling like pit (as in arm). Anyway, given that I haven't been out lately, I may as well dwell on the past and this post is dedicated to all the places I've lived before and management companies I've had to deal with.

The first apartment I ever lived in was Oak Hollow Apartments (Managed by the Lynd Company). It being my first apartment, my big deal was equity. Most apartment places have a setup where there's one master bedroom and a sort of guest bedroom, I wasn't going for that. What I liked about Oak Hollow was that they had a fairly equal two bedroom setup, also a very awesome canyon view. Another good thing, if you don't have pets, but want some - they also have raccoons.


Sometimes, the water pressure would drop and the water itself would trickle out. The time it took for maintenance to fix these things was a little long also. The management people were always nice though. A rotten potato of mine that had turned black actually stained a pantry shelf, but my roommate and I had no extra fines.

This experience taught me that I get motion sick on buses real easily. I had to move closer to campus and this resulted in my involvement with Marquis Management. All of their properties are within walking distance of campus, which I liked - I was able to get in a good morning walk and occasionally a good morning run to class. They responded to service calls fast and the management was easy to talk to. When I had a problem with a stove, they just replaced the stove. Tub peeling? they replaced the tub. One thing though, that I was also aware of while signing the lease, I knew that no matter what, my roommate and I would get back the full deposit.

Knowing that I didn't need to live so close to campus anymore, I was brought into contact with Rainier Management. So far, they've been great, maintenance is few fast. There are so many apartment cats I've been in contact with. The management people are nice to me. I get holiday treat bags too :) No word yet on the deposit since I haven't moved out yet. Truthfully, I wish I wasn't moving out. I like my big empty dance floor of a living room, but money dictates and beggars can't be choosers.

No comments:

Post a Comment