Wednesday, March 10, 2010

#13: Specialties

I was in San Antonio not too long ago and I found myself craving bubble tea from Tong's Thai - the 1st place in San Antonio to ever sell bubble tea. In particular, I was craving their Thai-Grrr drink which is an awesome combination of mango, papaya, and coconut milk. Aside from making it yourself, really, the only place you can get it is Tong's Thai.

This is an Austin blog, so mirroring this "I can only get this here" theme in Austin is Short 'n Sweet's Kurazzee drink (Crazy). Probably the craziest thing about this drink is how it's a mixture of puddings, jellies, and tapioca floating around in some kind of refreshing...tea? juice? I hear it's winter melon juice. Anyway, the moral of this story is, if you ever go to a restaurant or cafe, get their special. Seriously, they're good at making it, and they like making it (isn't that the definition of a specialty?) Among other things, if you can only get your certain something at a specific place, they don't want to be remembered for being screw ups (especially on something they claim to be good at.)borrowed from yelp

No comments:

Post a Comment