Saturday, March 20, 2010

# 14: Pancakes!

Wow it's been a while. There's just been a lot going down, SXSW in particular - I also helped rescue some puppies this past Monday. Nothing but a lot of spreading the love.

I have a link to my Yelp page on this blog. I don't normally update my reviews because I plan on it and never get to it. Recently I paid a follow up visit Cafe Java with three guinea pigs (my friend, sister, and sister's boyfriend.) I've touted this place as having the best pancakes when compared to Magnolia Cafe and Kerbey Lane. As a result, everyone ordered the pancakes except me because I'm a genius. What's the new consensus? I took the time to record some of the things my friends said:

sister's boyfriend: "I've never enjoyed pancakes so much."

friend: "I'm glad I didn't order the waffles."

Yep. Cafe Java is the best place for pancakes and if you go there - only order the pancakes. I ordered the corned beef hash.

Me: "Definitely not like mom and dad used to make."

I think it's just a textural thing in the case of the corned beef hash. My parents just make it better.

Things to NOT get at Cafe Java: Corned beef hash, Migas

They have the best pancakes and a pretty good BLT. Can a place survive just based off of that? Their pancakes are really that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment